May 11, 2009

Moonlight

Greetings and happy day to all!

I am having fun playing with my blogging buttons. I know you can't tell what I am doing, but it's fun to discover new toys! Just smile and know that all is well with the learning curve! :-)

This post will exist tomorrow, so I must be writing it yesterday (that one's for you, Barb!). Never mind .... long story. Anyway, we made a card during Stamp Camp last month that I wanted to share. Crayon resist on glossy paper with black Stayz On ink. Then we added a little sponging with a Post-It note and had some fun! Here's the card:


Nobody believed the order I used to make this card happen. Stubborn stampers! (I love you guys!). Here's how I made it:

1 - stamp the image (Inspired by Nature) in StayzOn on glossy paper; use a white crayon to create space where the ink won't stick .... I made mine "shadow" the blades of grass
2 - punch out a 1-1/4" circle from a Post-It note and adhere the circle part where you would like the moon
3 - brayer over the whole thing with Baja Breeze
4 - sponge just over half-way up with Basic Gray
5 - sponge the top-most portion with Not Quite Navy
6 - remove the circle and replace it with the negative part of the Post-It (yep, now ya gotta get that part out of the trash!)
7 - sponge with So Saffron .... be sure to leave some white space so the moon looks more realistic

Now you just adhere the glossy piece to Basic Black and attach to a Not Quite Navy card, and all is well with the world!

Have a wonderful day and I hope to stamp with you soon!

~Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment