May 4, 2009

Pot O' Flowers

So I was reading on Stephanie Luman's blog (HERE) about the flower pot card she made. Too cute for words! Since I found the pattern, it seems that the entire Land O' Bloggers has also discovered her. She was featured during a splitcoaststampers challenge. Go Stephanie! Well, here is my take on her card:

(scroll down to the January 25th entry for directions)

Completely her idea, just tweaked so I could do it! My big learning was that you really do have to have the card bottom folded when you make the angled cut for the flower pot. Otherwise the edges don't meet nicely and it makes you say ugly words. Ask me how I discovered this little secret....... Never mind! :-)

Anyway, I thought this would be fun for Mother's Day. Mom, if you're reading this, now you know my secret! We won't be doing fresh flowers this year 'cuz we're heading camping. WAY fun! Mom is trekking along with us, and bringing her little dog. Ryan and Kristen are beyond thrilled! They get to spend time with grandma and Lilly and they couldn't be happier! Anyway, camping and fresh flowers from the store just don't seem right. So we'll do the paper version. That and a home-cooked campfire meal. Doesn't get a lot better than that!

Here's what I used to make Stephanie's card:
Die Cut Blooms, Candy Land DSP (Designer Series Paper), Whisper White Organza ribbon, Button Latte Designer Series Buttons, 5-Petal Flower Punch, Scallop Edge Punch, Chocolate Chip and Kiwi Kiss paper

I hope your Mother's Day weekend is grand ... especially if you're the mom!

Here's to Gettin' Inky with ya!
Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment