Oct 25, 2009

Birthday Stack

Happy Birthday!  OK, someone probably has a birthday today, but I don't really know who.  But we all need birthday cards of some sort to be able to send to everyone we have ever met.  Or something like that.

I am not usually a turquoise sort of a girl, but this one was pretty fun to play with!  I love how the layers of On A Pedestal stack.  Using your Stamp-a-ma-Jig, you can make this cake as tall as you like.  OR, if you're feeling a little more adventurous, mask off the part of the pedestal that holds the cake, then make the flat part of the cake be up - now you have a fancy drink glass (margaritas, sangria, etc.!).  Such a fun and versatile set - and under $20!!!  This one is not my original idea at all.  As a demonstrator, we have an EXCELLENT (pardon me for yelling) resource online called Stamper's Showcase.  All sorts of card and project samples exist for us to play with and get more ideas from (don't end a sentence with a preposition).  I love that when my braincells stop working, I can borrow someone else's!!!!!

Here's my (cased) card:



Fun, huh?!  Because I didn't anything that specifically says "birthday," I can send this for any occasion.  Life is grand!!!

Here's how I made it:

Stamp Set: On a Pedestal

Colors:  Bermuda Bay, Night of Navy, Pink Passion, Shimmery White paper
Accessories:  Top Note Bigz Die (a must-have!), Eyelet Border Punch, Ribbon, Felt Fusion, Rhinestone Brads

May you have a wonderfully inky day!

No comments:

Post a Comment