Oct 26, 2009

Christmas Lattice

Christmas is such a joyous time of year - too bad we don't take such good care of each other throughout the entire year.  Imagine how different this world would be if we took the time daily to allow Christ's love to shine through us and to make another life just a little more pleasant.  I think I need to be the one to begin .... starting now.  (thanks for listening!)

I copied this idea from somewhere, but I have seen it sooooo many places, I have no idea who the originator is.  So thanks to all of Blogland for sharing your incredible ideas with all of us.  You rock!!!

This is the Lattice die cut twice - with the indispensable Big Shot (do you have yours yet?!).  Before adhering to the card, I mushed VersaMark all over one side, coated it in Iridescent Ice embossing powder, and then heated.  Holding that little booger still gets exciting, just in case you need to know that.  Then I just kept wiggling the pieces around until all the sudden it looked like a snowflake.  You want the pieces at 90 degrees from each other - attaining that exact angle proves to be more exciting than previously imagined!

To attach it to the card front, I used well-placed dimensionals.  Where two different papers crossed, I added the stickyness there.  Holds really well!  Here's what it looks like:

The sparkle in the picture is pretty much non-existent.  IRL (in real life) it's WAY fantastic!  Also hard to see in this photo are the background snowflakes done in VersaMark.  Such fun!  The most striking version of this card I have made is with Basic Black, Real Red, and Very Vanilla.  It also looks nice with Night of Navy instead of the black.  I am sure there are about a bazillion other color combinations that will work. 

Have fun, and may you have an inky day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment