Oct 24, 2009

Classy Bird

Aloha once again!  It's mildly freaky that I am posting daily after ignoring this little blog for soooooo long.  I am not ever gonna promise that I will post daily, but I will post as often as my schedule allows.  How'z that for a good non-answer?!

Here's a spiffy (and classy) bird card that we made in a stamp camp a while back.  It was one of those cards that made everyone drool.  Got all over my stuff.  Silly stampers.  Well, that or they liked it a whole bunch!  Here's what it looks like:

After running the So Saffron piece through my Big Shot (you NEED this!!), I dabbed on a little adhesive (the Tombow liquid stuff ).  I then covered the world in Dazzling Diamonds glitter (my daughter rolled in it).  There's a wonderful sparkle IRL (in real life), which makes it less subtle, but still classy.  Really.  I wouldn't kid you about something like that!  (probably)

The sentiment is from Wonderful Favorites.  I didn't know who I was gonna give this to, so I didn't put a label on it (sister, friend, daughter, grandma, etc.).  But I do like how it looks with just the "wonderful" part.  I think I won't change that.

There's also a bunch of sponging on this card.  Before adding glitter and glue, I sponged the edge of the Saffron piece.  I also sponged the edges of the vanilla pieces, just 'cuz it was fun!  Although making a billion of these would be annoying, this really wasn't a majorly time-consuming card.  Pretty fun to put together!

I hope you have a wonderfully inky day!!!!

Parts to make this:

Stamp Sets:  Friends 24-7, Wonderful Favorites


Colors:  So Saffron, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla
Accessories:  Sponges, Tombow Multipurpose Adhesive (OR Two Way Glue Pen), Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, ribbon, Scallop Edge Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment