Jul 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

What better way to celebrate our nation's independence that with a little ink and a lotta chocolate?! I found this idea on Dawn Griffith's website, but hers was done with the smaller sized candies. You know, like the Halloween size. I decided that my fingers were bigger than that, plus I wanted to be able to use my punches instead of cutting everything. Pretty easy!



You can make this happen on any candy bar or box-shaped-thing. Just measure around the outside (circumference) and add about 1/2 inch. The height I used was for the candy only, so that the ends would stick out slightly (that makes it easier to get at the chocolate!). Put the candy in the middle of the cut-out box and mark where the score lines need to exist. Don't forget to turn the bar on its side so you can get the extra marks! Then, a little Sticky Strip to the edge, and you're good to go!

I used whisper white for the base, brilliant blue with Itty Bitty Backgrounds (stamped in craft white) are underneath the big star, and Real Red for the stripes. To adhere the stripes, I used the Two-Way Glue Pen. That allows for a little forgiveness before the adhesive lives there forever! The blue was punched with my 1-1/4" square punch after stamping the mini-stars. 2-Way Glue Pen on the white parts with Dazzling Diamonds Glitter makes it more fun! Also, after using the Star Punch, add glue and glitter there.

May we all remember those who gave their lives so that we may live and worship freely in this wonderful country. Happy 4th of July, everyone!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment