Jul 25, 2009

Medallion

Can I tell you how much I love this stamp?! OH MY!!!! We made this card during Stamp Camp this week and there were lots of "oooooooohhhhhh's."



The process was easy. The secret was the paper! I first stamped the image on Naturals Ivory cardstock. It has little dots all over the place, which add a touch of extra depth to the card. The Naturals White is the same way, but it's not quite a true white (and didn't go with the Kraft and Chocolate Chip quite as well as this one).

Next, I sponged the edges with Chocolate Chip, and added a couple holes with the Paper Piercing Tool (I love that this is available on its own now!). Add the Brad (from Hodgepodge Hardware), attach everything together, and Presto - Spiffy Card! The ribbons are both Chocolate Chip, the thicker one being Grosgrain and the bow is Taffeta.

I failed to take a picture of the inside (duh!). I stamped off once and then put the offset Medallion on the inside, too. Ties the card together nicely.

I'm off to chase the kiddos for awhile, then it's Doug's Surprise Birthday Party! Don't worry, I can't imagine that he's reading my blog (Ha Ha!). Woo-hoo .... fun adult socialization. What a treat! (thanks for babysitting, mom!)

Here's hoping that you have a wonderful weekend and manage to stay cool. I'll be here Gettin' Inky!
Photobucket





Card Recipe: Medallion
Silver Hodgepodge Hardware (Vanilla is on sale through Monday early morning)
Mat Pack
Paper Piercing Tool
Chocolate Chip, Kraft, and Naturals Vanilla Cardstock
Chocolate Chip ink
Click HERE to shop on my website - have fun!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment